- The massing (horizontal with a low hip roof) is in the Ranch style, popular from the 1950s into the late 20th century.
- But city directories show that residents have lived at this address since Washington Avenue houses were first listed in 1932.
- Does this house date from that era, but drastically modified? Or was an earlier house demolished and this one built or moved in?
- The current exterior materials date neither from the 1930s nor from the Ranch house era, suggesting a major renovation sometime after the year 2000.
One-story house in the Ranch style, wood-frame under a hip roof. It sits at a slight angle on a corner lot, not parallel to the street. All visible surfaces — aluminum or vinyl siding, matching window units, etc — look to be recent, probably after the year 2000.
First appeared in city directory
1986? – Mrs. Jessie Anthony
The 1930s and 1940s entries are likely for a previous house on this site.
1931 – street listed but no addresses.
1932 – James Belton & Julia. He: Farmer. (Also James C. at same address. With Belton & Wilson Barbers at 214 S. Church).
1933 – James Belton. 1936 – James Belton. 1939 – George Goodwin.
1945-46 & also 1956 – Mrs. Maggie Jackson (renter).
1961 – Jack Miller & Alma (renter). Blanket Maker, Leaksville, Leaksville Woolen Mills. She Maid, Presby Hospital.
1982 – Shirley Ann White